Image Map

March 15, 2015

El Capitan










Field Trip, El Capitan Canyon

Last weekend I was lucky enough to be a part of a photography field trip at El Capitan Canyon. At first I was very apprehensive about going because not only am I not a professional photographer (almost all the people attending were) but I also felt like I wasn't good enough to be there. I don't have a fancy camera, I'm not the most amazing photographer, and I certainly can't make a living off of it. But...I LOVE taking pictures. It's one of the things that I truly enjoy and I knew that if I didn't go - I would regret it. So I went. I didn't know a single person out of the 400 people there. But by the end of it - I was connected to every single one of them. The experience is truly difficult to describe but the saying "you had to be there" rings true. Let me just say this - there were hours of classes, lots of laughs, late night pillow talk with my roomates, a talent show, dancing until the sun came up, a cereal truck, live music, smile booths, quiet walks on the beach, beautiful sunsets, stargazing, and lots and lots of picture taking. It really was an amazing experience. And one that I will never, ever forget. 

1 comment:

michelle said...

Sounds amazing!!! Good for you for going. And for the record, you take great pictures!!