Image Map

May 21, 2014

Buster's Big Bash!



Sunday afternoon we threw a big birthday bash for Buster. In the beginning I said it was going to be a small affair, but things spiraled out of control pretty quickly. 







Olive requested that a few of her friends be invited AND that we get a piñata. I didn't realize it would be such a huge success - I want a piñata at every party (including mine!). Watching all the little ones try and bat out the candy was pretty darn cute. Buster, however, was not amused. He was not happy when we took the stick away from him!


There was a such a great mix of people there. I have to say - we have amazing friends and family. Both my mom and dad came down specifically to be at the party!



My favorite part of the day was when Buster got his own special "smash" cake. He went through such a range of emotions - from shock while watching the candle sparkle, to smiles when everyone sang 'Happy Birthday', then irritation that the cake was on his hand! He really is the cutest one year old ever.



We had hoola-hoops and balls as party favors and everyone enjoyed playing with them out front. I have  to admit - I had far too much fun. I LOVED to hoola-hoop as a kid!

All the kids wanted to help light the bigger cake - so each one got a turn lighting a candle. We sang Happy Birthday again and gave every one a slice of the confetti cake from Susie Cakes. (I wish I had a close up picture of it!)

Thank you to everyone who came out and made Busters big day so special. I still cannot believe my little baby is one. Time went by FAR too fast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amazing pics! A beautiful party, no surprise there!