Image Map

February 12, 2014

Olive & Buster Update



OLIVE UPDATE

- Weighs 30 pounds
- Has gotten far more adventurous when it comes to food. She is starting to try everything. It doesn't always stay in her mouth….but she at least tries it. Today for example - she ate CARROTS! I was dipping them in hummus and she said "Mommy - I want to have one." No joke she had about 8 of them!
- Goes to the bathroom all by herself.
- Told me that she didn't love me the other day. Even though she is only 3 - it was like a knife in my heart. She knows to NEVER say that again.
- Still obsessed with pacifiers. Believe me - we are working on it. Sort of.
- Loves to sing all the songs from 'Frozen'. Her favorite is "Do You Want to Build a Snowman".
- Her new favorite game is to pick someone's name and tell you what letter it starts with. She sounds it out and everything. 
- Doesn't like posing for photos. (See above)
- Is going to be an adrenaline junkie. Every day she asks Andrew "Daddy, am I big enough to ride Splash Mountain?"
- Says that Filip is no longer her prince. She's got a thing for our 5 year old next door neighbor, Will.

BUSTER UPDATE

- Weighs 22.5 pounds
- Has one tooth out on the bottom and the other is just starting to poke through. 
- So much better about the car. He falls asleep easily in his carseat and (for the most part) hardly cries when he's alone in the backseat.
- Already broken someone's nose. (More on that later)
- Poops 5+ times a day. I'm not even joking. I'm definitely bringing it up at his next doctor's appointment. That's not normal, right?
- Eats everything in sight - if you put it in front of him, he will devour it.
- Goes to sleep sooooo easily. I pretty much feed him, give him a kiss on the cheek and say "It's time to go night night", and put him in his crib awake. He rolls over and chills until he falls asleep.
- "Cruising" around every piece of furniture in the house. I swear that kid is going to be walking any day now.
- Loves bath time. After dinner he crawls to the bathroom just to watch the tub fill up. I think it's his favorite part of the day.
- Far less interested in nursing than he used to be. It makes me a little sad - but I'll be happy to be able to wear my pretty bras again!


No comments: