Image Map

July 29, 2013

Olive Update


It's hard to believe our little girl is almost 3 years old. So much has changed over the last few months - Olive doesn't seem so little anymore!


- She LOVES her preschool and every day we go through all the names of all her little friends. She talks about Sebastian 24/7.

- She is completely potty trained. In fact her favorite thing to say is that she is going to make a "rainbow poo-poo". No idea what that means.....but it's cute, nonetheless.

- She only lets daddy put her to bed. Unless he is working - then she has to make do with mommy.

- She is talking up a storm. I know it's hard to believe, but her vocabulary has tripled in the last couple weeks!

- She LOVES puzzles. 

- She still takes a 2 hour nap. Except for the days she goes to school - which means she goes to bed extra early at night.

- She is a picky eater. Although recently we've added pizza, subway turkey and cheese, and hot dogs to the list of things she will eat.

- Her new favorite movie is the 'Wizard of Oz' and she loves to sing 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'. In fact - she is going to be Dorothy for Halloween.

- She still lets me pick out what clothes she wears. Although if I let her - she would wear a princess dress every day of the week.

- Every morning she asks if she can have rainbow pancakes. Sometimes we cave and make them - most of the time we try and talk her out of it. All that food dye can't be good, right?

- She has 16 freckles on her entire body. Believe me - I've counted each and every one of them.

- She is obsessed with band-aids.

- She's very good about letting me do her hair.

- No matter how many times I tell her there is no splashing in the bathtub - she can't help herself.

- She has a light red birthmark on her leg.

- She loves playing with Daddy's old train set. Her favorite thing to say is, "Mommy - I'll make it all my myself." And then she does!

- She has far too many toys. I blame me - I can't help myself.

- She loves bacon. And by love - I mean she can eat 5 pieces in one sitting.

- She absolutely adores her baby brother. Every morning she climbs into bed with us and says "Buster's awake?" and gives him a big kiss. It melts my heart every time.


No comments: