Image Map

April 25, 2013

Life and Other Misadventures....



Last weekend I thought it would be fun to get out of town and check out the Poppy Festival in Lancaster. The idea of rolling hills filled with gorgeous orange flowers was definitely enough motivation for the hour trek.


We decided to check out the festival itself before going to the reserve to see the flowers. Unfortunately it was hot and a little overwhelming because there were so many things to do and see.


The best part, by far, was Olive riding on a camel! I have to admit - I was a little jealous. I've always thought camels were exotic and cool.


The worst part was the 35 minute drive to the reserve. We were all tired, but decided that the flowers were worth it. Unfortunately, we didn't see any orange rolling hills filled with wildflowers. Andrew joked, "I'll bet there aren't any flowers." Here's the thing - I hate it when he's right. There were absolutely no poppies. Not a one.


No comments: