Image Map

August 16, 2012

happy birthday to me

as you get old and responsible it is important to own a practical car. my old car was a subaru wrx, which isn't exactly an italian super car, but it's no slouch either. unfortunately its back seat doesn't fit a car seat and kim didn't think it was accident-safe. both valid points, i suppose, if you worry about that sort of thing. my main problem is that most cars look both lame and boring. it took me about 9 months to decide on the subaru in the first place, so i was little worried that i would never find a suitable replacement.

i can tell you're all on the edge of your seat. it's sort of like you're 2/3rds through a romantic comedy - will they finally stop bickering and get married? does she not realize that he was just protecting her by breaking her heart? well rest assured - i found a car - a vw jetta sportwagen tdi. it's a diesel and gets 40mpg. it's got bells-and-whistles that didn't even exist when i got my subaru - gps navigation, bluetooth, heated seats...

and as it would turn out station-wagons are becoming cool again. my only regret is that i couldn't get one with wood panels.

No comments: