Image Map

March 23, 2011

Sleep Training - Night 4, 5, & 6


To be honest, the sleep training isn't going exactly as I had planned.  I'm not sure why, but I thought it would be a lot easier!  Any time Olive stirs or fusses, I worry that she is hungry and end up feeding her.  The worst part is that I have a hard time letting her cry for any length of time.  In order for this sleep training to work I have to let her cry a little and not break down and feed her!


Night 4 - Olive took her last nap a little later than usual so we adjusted her bedtime routine accordingly.  After putting her to sleep I thought for sure that she would sleep all night.  She had taken consistent naps throughout the day and she seemed tired during bath time.  Nope.  She woke up a few times and I ended up feeding her around 3am.  She fell asleep pretty quickly after so I decided I needed to be stronger.  It felt like she could have fallen back to sleep if I had just let her fuss a little more.


Night 5 - I had gone out for a girls night with Molly and Christine, so Andrew did Olive's bedtime routine solo.  When I got home I quickly passed out and heard her stirring around 2:45am.  I got up 3 or 4 times to give her the pacifier and tell her that it was time for bed, etc.  Finally at 4am I fed her.  Unfortunately I was up the entire time watching her on the monitor!  I told myself I would try to not break down the next night.


Night 6 - Olive slept through the night!!!  We put her down at 7pm and she didnt wake up until 6am!  Dad was sleeping on the couch with the monitor so I could get a good nights rest.  Due to loud snores coming from the living room, I woke up around 1am and moved him back to the bedroom.  I'm not sure why Olive slept so well, since I haven't been the best about cutting out her middle of the night feeding.  I'm not complaining, I'm just hoping she will follow the same pattern in the days to come!

We'll see how the next few night go.....

No comments: