Image Map

December 4, 2010

Olive's First X-mas Tree



This afternoon the whole family headed over to Home Depot to pick out a Christmas tree.  Who would have thought that they would have good, inexpensive trees?!?!  Ours was a whopping $39.  Of course I talked the guy into giving us a deal.


I haven't picked out many trees in my lifetime, so I had no clue what to look for.  We pretty much picked the 3rd one we saw.


Here daddy is with the finished tree.  He is very proud of his ornament hanging skills.  Something which he thinks I lack.  We definitely have different styles, and I'll leave it at that.


We set Olive up on the couch so she could watch the festivities. Unfortunately she wasn't very happy with the fire or the commotion.  We didn't get the chance to snap any good pictures with her and our first tree!


This is pretty much the only one we could get.  And as you can see, the tree is missing from the shot!


It's hard to believe that after almost 7 years together, this is our first tree. Practice makes perfect and I'm hoping next year Olive will be into it so we won't have to rush with the decorations.  The lights are less than perfect and although it is charming - my OCD disagrees.


No comments: