Image Map

May 21, 2010

Who's Afraid of Needles?


Yesterday was our structural ultrasound and amnio with Dr. Justis. I'm not afraid of needles and can even watch when they take my blood at the prenatal visits. However, even I have to admit that I was more than a little apprehensive about the needle going into my belly and into out babies resting place. I worried about it for days, no doubt driving Andrew crazy. Thankfully we were in good hands and the doctor was amazing. The above photo is of our little girls heart. The little black hole in the center is her stomach.

This is our babies brain - hopefully she is as smart as her daddy. But not as much of a "know it all".

On more than one occasion Dr. Justis said our little girl was perfectly formed - from her little mouth and nose, to her heart, spine, brain, hands and feet. Of course hearing that made me a very proud parent. But who was he kidding? Of course she was perfect - look at her mommy and daddy. The needle was another story. I closed my eyes for the beginning part because I just couldn't watch. I was surprised - it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! The worst part was the 20 minutes during the ultrasound when we weren't sure if it was a boy or a girl!!

Here is a picture of me post amnio. Andrew set me up on the couch with movies, food, and fluid so I could rest for the remainder of the day. He really is the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope little Olive knows how much she is loved. Two wonderful parents and of course a room full of grandparents. She is one lucky little girl. Love the baby bump!!!