Image Map

March 19, 2010

Kimmie Grows a Green Thumb



For months I had been wanting to do a little something with the landscaping and lack of flowers around the house. Finally last week I bit the bullet and went to Bourget Brothers for some concrete stepping stones and rocks. Granted the minute I was done I hightailed it back to the house for some much needed rest on the couch. It's crazy how one little errand can wipe me out!

As much as I wanted to do it all myself, I realized that in my pregnant state it wouldn't be a good idea. So I called in some reinforcements. Here is our handy work. And yes....I'm going to take some of the credit.

I really wanted Calla Lillies since they are one of my favorites. We planted a few in the front yard along with some other shade loving plants and flowers.

We planted Azaleas all along the back which gives the green wall some nice color!


We also planted this sweet little orange tree with Grandma and Grandpa Cahn a few weeks ago. I can't wait until it sprouts some fruit and Andrew makes me fresh OJ.


I've always wanted Papyrus and Lavander - and our gardeners planted some where our banana plant used to be. Unfortunately our Papyrus needs some major TLC. I was assured that in a few weeks with a lot of water and sunshine they would look a million times better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my third try at commenting.

WOW!!! everything looks unbelievable. You both have done an amazing job from start to finish. I know first hand, that it has not been the easiest journey you have ventured but to step back and look at what you have created, pretty amazing I would say.
As for the creation that grows inside is another journey that only you, Kim, will be taking. Cherish each moment whether it be sick or tired, anxious or irriatable, excited about his or her room, planning, anticipating the arrival, stop to enjoy. Ten months will fly by and then your whole world will begin to change, for the better.

You and Andrew are going to be terrific parents. Andrew with his amazing ability to reason all situation in a calm manner and you Kim with your amazing zest for life, what baby wouldn't thrive in this environment.

I love you both and love all the posted pics.

Mom