Image Map

March 14, 2010

Baby Room - Oh My!


It is probably a little too early to be thinking about this - but I can't help myself. Decorating the baby room is definitely the highlight of this whole baby making experience. Besides the actual baby making! I find myself daydreaming about color schemes and wall decals when I'm feeling too sick to do anything else.

I couldn't justify the crib, changing table, and dresser that I first fell in love with. $5000 seems crazy expensive, even for me. I found one that was similar from Dwell for Target that I equally love. And the best part?? You can't beat the price - $1000 for the whole set. Definitely my kind of bargain. They also have it in a darker brown wood which I am leaning towards.

Andrew (aka Daddy) found the perfect rug! The surprising thing is that I LOVE it. It's blue, brown, and white which are the perfect colors.

Instead of painting the walls pink, blue, or some other nauseatingly bright color - we thought that the next best thing would be using decals. There is a great website that I found that has a number of ones that I like. Here is one that I thought would be cute for a baby room. Granted - Daddy doesn't like it as much as I do.

As far as artwork - we already have sock monkeys on the wall. I also like framed alphabet letters. But again - Daddy isn't sold on the letters. He says it is "tacky".



I also love this bookshelf. It comes in a darker wood that would match the crib and changing table perfectly!



And every little boy or girl needs a super cute toy box! I fell in love with this little owl one. It is just too cute. Even if daddy says that the baby won't be able to use it until it is as least 1 year old!



No comments: