Image Map

February 1, 2021

Spring Break 2020

 

I realize that Spring Break is right around the corner and I should have posted last years awhile ago....but to be honest the last 11 months have been a bit of a blur.

For Spring Break 2020 I wanted to do something fun for the kids. We couldn't travel and had been housebound for a month.  I decided to make a jar filled with fun things the kids wanted to do. We all filled out little pieces of paper and the kids picked a few out each day.


There were a lot of nerf gun fights and game nights. Sometimes both ended in tears and sometimes they didn't

There were lots and lots of movies nights.


One day we planted flowers in little pots. I got the kids little gardening sets and we put a bunch of wildflowers in multicolored pots. The kids were so good about watering them every day. And then it got super hot....and a lot of the flowers died. Let's just say the pots are no longer outside.


And one of my personal favorites was making paper airplanes, decorating them, and then seeing whose flew the farthest. Newsflash - Andrew was the winner.

We also wrote letters to family and friends.


We also did science experiments and water balloon fights. I'll just say this - one of these activities lead to a meltdown by a certain person. I'm not naming any names though....

All in all it was a really fun way to celebrate Spring Break when we couldn't go anywhere. We all took part and everyone was able to write at least one thing down they wanted to do. Andrew's favorite was when the kids made us breakfast in bed.....


No comments: