Image Map

February 16, 2021

Antelope Valley Poppies

 


When I was pregnant with Buster - we planned a full day in Antelope Valley to see the poppies. I'm not sure if anyone besides me remembers.....but it was the biggest bust. There were maybe 10 poppies in total. We drove for hours trying to search for a field filled with the gorgeous orange flowers but we had no luck. Andrew and I still laugh about it. We ended up going to some "poppie" festival where Olive rode a camel or alpaca or some sort of animal. We swore we would never go back. Well....this year we decided to try again. We figured even though we were in lockdown we could socially distance and still hopefully see some poppies. Thankfully we were in luck.


If I'm being completely honest though - the flowers are much more impressive in photographs. 

No comments: