Image Map

February 3, 2019

Mexico Day 4








On our last full day in Mexico we decided to go on a tour of La Paz and it's beaches. We had to get up at the crack of dawn which wasn't easy. But we boarded the van with a group of people and started our day.  We stopped in a tiny village where we had breakfast and coffee. I had one of the best tamales I've ever had in my life. It was seriously THAT good. It was a few hours into our tour when Buster informed me that his tummy was hurting. I was pretty sure he had to go to the bathroom but there were none for miles. Thankfully the guide made a special stop for us. Of course Buster felt 100% better after going and even asked for a chocolate chip cookie. After getting back on the road the driver stalled the van and was unable to restart it. WE WERE STRANDED IN THE TINIEST TOWN EVER. No hotels. No cabs. No ubers. With a 2-3 hour wait for another van I took matters into my own hands. I flagged down another tour bus and asked if they had any room. Guess what - they had 3 spare seats! I had them drop us off in La Paz which is where things start to get a lot better! We found an amazing uber driver, Ivan, who stayed with us for the remainder of the day. We went to Balandra Beach which was gorgeous!  After that Ivan took us to a restaurant on the beach that his dad used to take him to when he was a kid. Then we drove to Todos Santos and had ice cream. Then is was back to the hotel. All in all it was a LOOOOOOOOOONG day but the kids were such troopers. It ended up being a fun adventure.

No comments: