Image Map

January 15, 2019

Cheerio London - Day 6, 7 and 8




I don't remember what we got up to on the 6th day. I know that we ate at some thai place, walked around a little, and then rested for a good part of the day. That night we met up with a friend of a friend for drinks and then crashed a house party somewhere in London. Don't worry - the friend of a friend knew the person throwing the party! Lotus and I cut out early because we were ready for our cozy bed.

On my last full day in London poor Lotus woke up super sick. Sore throat, chills, fever, and generally just feeling pretty crappy. Because she still had another week in London working we decided to go to the hospital so they could make sure she wasn't dying of some crazy infectious disease! Turns out it was a bad case of tonsillitis. Even though I was totally bored at the hospital, the doctor treating Lotus was a total babe with an adorable english accent. I seriously considered pretending to be sick too! After our emergency doctors visit - we had to find a pharmacy to get Lotus' prescription.  Even though Lotus was still feeling yucky she rallied and had lunch with me. After dropping Lotus back at the hotel - I decided to do some exploring.

Walking the streets of London was probably my favorite thing to do. Not only did I get to see all the amazing sights but I got in some much needed exercise too (I couldn't stop eating)! First stop was the Tower Bridge. I know it's a bridge and all but it was truly beautiful. The colors alone were worth it! Next up was the Millennium Bridge. One thing London has a lot of is bridges! While I was walking by the River Thames I saw a couple of gentlemen writing poetry on their typewriters. Of course I had to stop and get one for myself. It was dark by the time I got back to the hotel. Lotus was feeling a little bit better but still not up for a crazy last night out. We ended up having dinner at Nobu inside our hotel which was easy and nice.



My last morning in London was a sad one. Not only was I not happy to leave this amazing city but I didn't want to say goodbye to Lotus either (who was still not feeling 100%). After breakfast I decided to do some last minute touristy things. I watched the changing of the guards. Then walked to the London eye and made my way through St. James park to get back to the hotel. After giving Lotus a huge hug and saying THANK YOU a thousand times (ok maybe not a thousand) - I got a taxi and headed to the airport. So long London - you were swell.

No comments: