Image Map

November 5, 2018

The Lights Fest





A couple of years ago a friend sent me information about the Lights Festival because she knew I would love it. For the last two years I've tried to get tickets but was never quick enough. This year I bought tickets the day they were released! So Saturday we packed up the kids and drove to Barstow. There were food trucks and live music. The kids loved writing their wishes on the lanterns. I loved the Buster wants to be a better chess player. At least he has his priorities straight! Once the sun went down there were instructions on how to light the lanterns and then on the count of three everyone released them. It was truly magical to look up into the air and see thousands of lanterns flying high into the sky. I swore to Olive that I wouldn't cry....but I couldn't help it. It was seriously so beautiful. 

No comments: