Image Map

August 27, 2018

Kids Update


I know I say this all the time.....but.....time is going by way too fast. I can't believe my baby is in kindergarten and my first born is in 2nd grade. I feel like I'm going to blink and they will be teenagers. I'm trying to enjoy this time as much as I can. 


- Excels in math. It's clear that mathematics come easy for him. 
- Already has a new best friend - Adler.
- The first week of school he sat with the cutest little girl named Lola at lunchtime. He keeps denying that she's his girlfriend. 
- Sleeping downstairs in his own room. He has Olive's old bunk bed and LOVES it.
- Slowly learning to read. He gets frustrated but thankfully never gives up.
- Excited to take Chess and a Lego after school class.
- CPK is his favorite restaurant. He loves the spring pasta with edamame. Literally orders it EVERY time.
- Obsessed with these new spinning top toys called BeyBlades.
- Wants his back rubbed every night before bed. Truthfully its my favorite time of day.
- Loves school. Loves his teacher. Loves his class.





- Got the exact teacher she wanted for 2nd grade. One of her good friends Lucy is in her class so I know she is having fun!
- Completely afraid of bees and dragonflies. It's becoming a real problem.
- Still lets me pick out her clothes before school.
- Learned how to ride a bike over the summer!
- Still loves art more than anything.
- Is fascinated by catastrophe stories. She told me the other day that she read about the Titanic and the San Francisco Earthquake. 
- Is too "big" to watch cartoons - she's moved on to live action tv shows now.
- Can do a front flip into the pool.
- Anajak is her favorite restaurant. It's a delicious thai place down the street from us. She loves the chicken satay and the kratong tongs.
- Growing so fast that I can barely keep clothes and shoes that fit!

No comments: