Image Map

March 1, 2017

Mommy Update






I thought that with both kids being in school I would have more time. In fact, the opposite is true. I feel like there isn't enough time in the day to do everything! I hardly have time to update the blog or do all the DIY's I've been wanting to do. I finally went to the dentist the other day - something I hadn't done for 2 years! Thankfully I only had one cavity.......but still. I go back today to do some much needed dental work that I've been putting off for years and years. Here are a few updates about the entire Cahn household that I will blog about soon.

- We recently purchased a bunkbed for Olive's room. Buster is no longer sleeping on her floor. However - putting the sheets and comforter on the top bunk is especially difficult. I'm looking into buying these things called "bunkies". Basically its a quilt but fits over the mattress like a fitted sheet. There is a zipper on the side like a sleeping bag and the kids get inside it. All you do is zip it up and it looks like a perfectly made bed. The only problem is the fabrics aren't amazing. Will keep you updated on what we decide.

- Our piano came! It is beyond gorgeous. It took 4 months - but was soooooo worth it. It's in our main living room and the kids love it. In a week or two we will start piano lessons for both Olive and Buster.

- We are in the process of redoing our kitchen. Last year I tried to make it work with my favorite designer of all time - but they were too busy. Somehow it worked out that they have time this year and we start demoing in the summer. We still have a design to lock down - but I'm beyond excited.

- In March I'm going to New York for a week by myself. I am so looking forward to being in the city and seeing some old friends. I'm going to see a few musicals, a band, museums, and spend a lot of time walking around exploring.

- Finally got around to purchasing our Christmas gift from my mom. We should have a very large KING SIZE bed arriving in a few weeks. We had it custom made with a nice gray fabric headboard. It's funny how much BIGGER a king is then a queen.

- I did an overnight meditation last weekend that was amazing. I decided that 2017 was going to be a year that got me out of my comfort zone. I'm excited to try new things and so far I haven't been disappointed.

- Finally getting the Photo Booth figured out. Hoping it will be here at the end of march. I went back and forth about whether we really needed it. Which...for the record...we do not. Buuuuut...just seems like the perfect thing for our house.

No comments: