Image Map

April 5, 2016

Water Fast



On Sunday at 6pm I stopped eating. I had been talking about doing a 3-5 day water fast for a few weeks, and decided that this was the night. 

Let me back up a little. I haven't been feeling myself since about November of last year. More tired than normal, uneven skin, irritability, just not "right". I thought that maybe I had a hormonal imbalance and had some tests run at my doctors office. The tests all came back normal - so I tried to drink more water. Take more supplements. Then in February I broke out in a rash over 60% of my body which got progressively worse. I was diagnosed in March and given steroids and various other topical ointments that haven't helped much. Especially since I felt like it was something INSIDE of me that was out of whack. After a lot of research and a weekend in Joshua Tree where I spoke to someone who is an alternative medicine guru - I felt that a water fast might definitely be a way for me to reset my body.

Although it seems scary and dangerous there are so many benefits to water fasting. It can help with  hypertension, cardiovascular disease, epilepsy, arthritis, auto immune diseases, and skin conditions like psoriasis. Check out these websites here and here. I like stories about real people getting real results so I enjoyed this story too.

So here I am, more than 48 hours in.....and I feel GREAT. The first 24 hours I was slightly hungry and had the worst headache. Thankfully I had given up Diet Coke five days previously, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been! I woke up Day 2 not feeling hungry at all. My patience is definitely a little less and there was some slight dizziness. Other than that - my back isn't hurting (which it was), and my rash is looking so much better (it was AWFUL on Sunday). 

I'll give a full report when I'm done. Not sure if it will be 3, 4, or 5 full days. 

No comments: