Image Map

September 2, 2014

Tulum - Whale Sharks




On Wednesday morning, I woke Olive up at 5am to go on a whale shark adventure. She had been talking about it nonstop for weeks and was very excited at the prospect of "seeing" a whale shark. Little did she know just how exciting it would be!





After a few hours searching for the elusive whale sharks - a few were finally spotted! Olive was so excited to see them at the surface of the water that she didn't want me to get in and swim with them. Thankfully the people on the boat were able to convince her to let me jump in. I have to say - it was pretty spectacular.  I was so close to one that I could have reached out and touched it! We also saw a ton of Manta Rays. Each time Olive would spot one she would yell out, "MANTA'S!!!!!!". It was pretty much the cutest thing ever.



On the way back the boat stopped in Isla Mujeres and we were able to get out and swim in the most beautiful, clear, shallow water ever. Olive absolutely LOVED it. Even though it was a LOOOOOONG day (12 hours total) - we had the best time together! I can't wait to go on more adventures with this little one. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kim you and Olive are so cute!!! It looks like you are having so much fun!!