Image Map

March 23, 2014

Buster Brown



Why is it that we mothers constantly feel guilty about something? We tend to blame ourselves if our baby is fussy or not eating enough. I, for one, tend to beat myself up on a daily basis. Did I interact enough with Buster? Was I on my phone too much? Was I too hard on Olive. The list goes on and on and on. 

A few nights ago was a particularly rough one. Buster was not himself. He refused to nap and then refused to go to sleep. He screamed from 6:30 until 10pm - when I finally got him to go to sleep. Let's just say that I was beyond frazzled. I ended up calling my mom sobbing because I didn't know what to do. I couldn't get him to eat. I couldn't comfort him. And I couldn't get him to calm down. By the time he finally fell asleep - I couldn't! I was up most of the night worried that I had done something wrong. And that I was a terrible mom for letting him scream because I didn't know what else to do. The next day he was back to his normal, happy self. It was like it never happened. I doubt he will ever realize how those few hours shaved a few years off my life……

No comments: