Image Map

June 30, 2013

Yosemite




Last week I had plans to fly out to Sacramento with Buster so that we could spend a few days in Yosemite with my family. Unfortunately things did not go as planned and I ended up missing my flight on Saturday night. I could blame it on any number of things but the fact of the matter is: I didn't give myself enough time. I didn't sleep at all that night and got on an early flight the next morning. It was a bit of a disaster but thankfully Buster was an angel on the plane.





Saturday morning we had a delicious breakfast then went on a short hike to the Nature Center. As you can see - we all had a great time! Unfortunately, I ended up missing the big dinner that night. Buster was fussy and Olive fell asleep - so I was stuck in my room. I even woke Olive up to try and make it for half the meal - but she was not having any of it. She wanted to stay in the room in her princess dress.





Yosemite was gorgeous - I only wish I would have enjoyed it more. In the back of my mind I was hoping that Andrew would somehow make it up - even though he was busy working in Detroit. It was difficult enough traveling with a 6 week old. Not having my amazing husband there to help was even ten times more difficult!





The next morning was much of the same - Buster fussing and me just feeling overwhelmed and over it. Lets just say that I had a major melt down right before we left. I think I've learned my lesson: No traveling with a newborn. Especially if hubby isn't able to come!

On the bright side - at least the pictures tell a different story..........

No comments: