Image Map

June 7, 2013

First Day - Solo Style


There must be someone watching over me because I made it through the day without shedding any tears or having a nervous breakdown. I can't say the same for my day yesterday - and I didn't even have both kids! I'll start at the beginning.......


Yesterday was Andrew's first day back at work. It being Thursday - Mimi came to take Olive to the park and give me some time alone with the baby. I thought I could run a few errands, do a little shopping, get a quick bite to eat, and then finish up at Buster's doctors appointment. For some reason I thought he would sleep the whole time and I would be able to relax and enjoy myself. Let's just say that my day was anything but that!! Buster SCREAMED every time I put him into the car. On the way to the mall. On our way out of the mall. He was not a happy baby. And for all of those moms out there - it is the HARDEST thing to hear your baby screaming while you're driving. There isn't much you can do and it is heartbreaking and frustrating at the same time. On a positive note - I was able to find a dress for an upcoming wedding AND have a super quick lunch. Granted - after buying the dress, Buster woke up and demanded to be held.  As I was trying to calm him down with one arm and push the stroller with the other, an older woman said to me (not once, but twice), "Watch his head!". I came VERY close to slapping her perfectly manicured hair. Why is it that people feel the need to dole out unsolicited advice?


In any case - today was another story. I was somehow able to get Buster to take a long nap, play puzzles and princesses with olive, make lunch, put Olive down for a nap, shower, snap a few pictures, and relax for a bit - ALL without having a major melt down. We didn't leave the house all day - but it was worth it.

I love my kids and I love being a mom. But I have to admit - two little munchkins is HARD. I just keep telling myself over and over again that I can do it!!

* I have to give big props to my mom who has always said "Babies love sleeping on their tummys". Considering the recommendation is that babies sleep on their back - we weren't ones to question it. But I've realized my mom was right. Our sweet baby boy prefers his stomach. Today was the first day I didn't feel like he was fussing non-stop. Thanks mom! 

No comments: