Image Map

August 26, 2011

Solo Flight

I was scheduled to fly home from Sacramento on Wednesday afternoon. Unfortunately, I missed my flight.  It's a long story so I will give the abridged version:

- Got to the airport 30 minutes before my flight.
- Checked my bag but was told that it probably wouldn't make it onto the flight.  Decided to just carry it on.
- Had Olive on hip.  Purse and toy bag in one hand, and suitcase in other.
- Went through security and buzzer went off.  Realized too late that I had 3 8 ounce bottles of expensive hair products purchased a few days prior.
- Begged security guard to let me through since flight took off in less than 15 minutes.  Unfortunately I was denied.
- Could not throw products away so ran downstairs to try and check bag again.
- Realized that with less than 10 minutes to go, I would ultimately miss my flight.

Believe me when I say it was a VERY bad afternoon.

Thankfully the next morning we flew out with no complications.  In fact - Olive fell asleep in my arms for the entire flight.  Our first solo flight was a complete success.



No comments: