Image Map

April 14, 2011

Girls Night Out


Last night I had dinner with Lotus at Red Medicine.  I hadn't seen her in over a month and we had both been dying to try the restaurant.  It got a lot of press for outing the anonymous Los Angeles Times food critic, Irene Virbila.  Apparently she came into the restaurant with a big group of people and the owner, Noah Ellis refused to seat or serve her.  He then posted her picture so that all restaurant owners would have the right to refuse service to her if they wanted.


In any case the food was delicious, but the company even better.  We ordered the lemongrass pote de creme for dessert and looking at it, I wasn't quite sure what it consisted of.  And worse?  After eating it - I still couldn't tell you.

1 comment:

Lotus said...

All I remember of that dessert is that the yellow cubes are "Korean Red Bull jello".