Image Map

March 19, 2011

Sleep Training - Night 2


Yesterday I tried to put Olive on a more consistent nap schedule.  She took her first nap at 8am and slept until 10am with me.  Then around noon I attempted a second nap.  She finally fell asleep in our bed around 1pm and slept until 2:45 (she woke up once but then fell back asleep). Somehow I was able to get another 30 minute cat nap in there around 5pm.  I figured her sleep training would go easier at night if she was rested.



Andrew was working late, so I was on my own with our bedtime routine.  I gave Olive a nice, long massage and then a bath.  She seemed pretty tired after that so I skipped the bedtime story (I had read her 2 stories in the afternoon already).  After her feeding she was wide awake but I put her down in her crib anyway.  After 30 minutes of watching her fight sleep, I put on the CD we listen to in the car.  By the time the last song was over she was passed out!


At midnight she woke up and I thought for sure it would be a long, rough night.  I rubbed her tummy and said. "Olive, mommy is right here.  Its time to go to sleep, sweetie.  Mommy and daddy will see you when you wake up.  Good night,  I love you."  Then a few minutes later I went back in and repeated the same line.  After a few minutes of tossing and turning she was out again with hardly any fussing.  Much to my surprise, she slept until 6:30am!  I couldn't believe we had eliminated the middle of the night feeding.  I'm crossing my fingers tonight will be even easier.  We'll see.....


No comments: