Image Map

November 29, 2010

Mommy's First Day without Daddy



Andrew went back to work today and I was left watching Olive on my own. I have to admit I was a little nervous since Andrew has been a big help these past 6 weeks.  We tried to sleep in but little Olive wouldn't close her eyes.  Look at those lashes!  She definitely takes after mommy.


Getting ready was a little difficult.  I didn't know what to do since Olive wouldn't go to sleep.  I decided to put her in the bathroom while I took a shower.  I think she was a little confused by the new surroundings, but hopefully she'll get used to it.  I've gotten in the habit of taking long showers, but this morning was a little different.  I was in there for all of about 3 minutes.  I shouldn't complain because it's better than not being able to shower at all!


After the shower I got Olive ready and fed her.  Right before we had to leave for my doctors appointment she fell asleep on the couch. Unfortunately I woke her up while trying to get her in her car seat.  She was not a happy camper.  The quiet-maker wouldn't even console her. Thankfully as I started to drive, she stopped crying.  I only had to stop once to make sure she was still breathing!


I left super early so we could park and take a nice, long walk to the doctors office.  The doctor said everything looked great and I could take a bath again and exercise.  Obviously the doctor doesn't know me very well - I HATE to exercise.


After my appointment we visited daddy at his office.  All the girls were very excited to meet Olive and thought she was gorgeous.  Of course everyone thinks she looks like Andrew!  I can't believe there isn't any of me in her features!!  I guess only time will tell.


After visiting daddy, we headed home for a little rest.  I think our busy day wiped Olive out!

No comments: