Image Map

October 19, 2010

Home Sweet Home



Monday afternoon we were discharged from the hospital.  It was nice being taken care of by all the nurses, but I was happy to be going home. Olive passed all of her tests and I was given a clean bill of health.


Here we are leaving the hospital.  I still can't believe they sent us home with her.  Neither Andrew and I have any clue what we are doing, but I'm so glad we are doing it together!


Believe me when I say that the car ride home was the longest ride of our life.  Andrew would normally call himself an excellent driver, but even he admitted that he was scared driving us all home.  Thankfully we made it safe and sound.

Unfortunately we ended up at the ER that night.  Olive spit up a little blood around 11pm and of course Andrew and I were worried sick.  We called our pediatrician and he recommended going to the emergency room. Being in a room full of sick people with a 2 day old baby is a mothers worst nightmare.  I somehow convinced them to let us wait in a separate room. 3 hours later we finally saw the doctor.  He couldn't pinpoint the exact problem, but thought it was most likely from breast feeding.  There were no other problems after that and Olive has been happily feeding away!  Surprisingly, we were all able to sleep for 4 hours after our crazy night.

No comments: