Image Map

September 20, 2010

Taking Care of Business

Andrew has recently coined the phrase TCB which means "taking care of business". We try to take care of as much business as we can over the weekends and with my ever expanding belly. This weekend was no exception. We went to Ikea in order to get organizers for our kitchen and a few other household items. My goal in the next couple of weeks is to organize the house so I don't have to worry about it once the baby arrives.

As you all know my mom sent us the Rufer family cradle so that the baby can sleep in our room for the first month or two. The mattress and pad had seen better days (It was at least 60 years old), so I had one custom made. It arrived in the mail so I set it up in our room with new sheets, etc. It's hard to believe that in 3 weeks the baby will be sleeping in it!

I also hung up the artwork I bought Andrew for our anniversary this year. It only took me a few months but it is finally done. There is a homeless woman on Crescent Heights and Wilshire that sells her artwork for money and we love it! She draws old timers like Paul Newman (Andrews favorite), Liz Taylor, Frank Sinatra, etc. as you can see in the picture.

Andrew set up the infant car seat in my car. We had a slight mishap when I was trying to get the car seat out of the stroller and into the car but I'm hoping I get a little better at it.


Last but not least, we are trying to get our old baby pictures together to do a wall collage for the hallway. One for Andrew, one for me, and one for little Olive once she gets here. Andrew, of course, has a zillion pictures to chose from whereas I have only a few. I'm not sure why my parents didn't take any good photos of me!


No comments: