Image Map

July 20, 2010

Baby Shower Bonanza!


Last week I flew into Sacramento to help my mom with a few last minute details for the baby shower. Even though I knew it would be a great party - I had no idea just how fabulous it would be. My mom really outdid herself!

The centerpieces were absolutely adorable! My friend Poppie had a baby shower last year and I stole a few ideas from her party since there were so many amazing details. Thanks Cathy Goodman for all your help with the blocks!

Lotus, Carolyn, and Andrew hung baby pictures up in the entryway of my parents house. Andrew says he is the cuter baby.... but I have to disagree. I was just as cute!

My adorable niece Alison looked so cute at the party and had been looking forward to it for days!

Here is a picture of Alison and I with Aunt Marsha. It was so good to see her and I know she can't wait for our little girl to arrive.

The food was soooooo delicious! Mama Kim Cooks is truly the best catering company in Sacramento. They made sure all the tables looked perfect and that every person at the party had what they needed. Including VEGGIE quesadillas for my vegetarian sister, Karrie.



Shawn, Austin, and Lotus all made the trek from Los Angeles to be a part of the party. It was so nice to have some of my LA peeps in Sacramento!

There were even some friends from high school that showed up! This is a picture of one of my good friends from way back then - Laurie Perry. It is crazy to think that we were in high school 17 years ago!

Here I am with all of the presents. Alison was such a good little helper. She handed me each gift and helped me unwrap them. I loved every single item and can't wait to have the baby here so that I can utilize them all!

My aunt Sharon and cousins Cindy and Karen even made it to the baby shower! I hadn't seen them in years and it was so good to have them there. I only wish our Nana could have been with us. She would have had a great time but I know she was smiling down from wherever she is.


Karrie and me with Alison. Look at the pose on her! She definitely takes after her auntie's.

Here is a picture of Grandma Carolyn and Grandma Melodie with the mommy to be! I know they both can't wait for her arrival and I look forward to sharing her with both of them. I'm hoping she doesn't get too spoiled with these two amazing grandma's.

I'm crossing my fingers that everyone left with the homemade banana bread that Andrew and Carolyn made for the party. It is a Clayton family recipe and so yuuuuummy!

After one of the most amazing days ever, my mom helped Andrew and I load up our car for the long drive home. Believe me - the car was PACKED with goodies from the shower. Our little baby is one lucky lady!

No comments: