Image Map

June 15, 2010

Lisbon - Day 2


We started our second day in Lisbon early on Monday morning. We planned on taking a walking tour of the entire city but couldn't find the guide. Instead we opted for the hop on/hop off double decker bus.

After lunch we made it up to the Santa Justa Elevator for a beautiful view of the city. Near the elevator is the major jewelry area of Lisbon on Rua Aurea. I tried to find the baby a necklace but was unsuccessful.


At last, I finally look pregnant! This was taken in the Chiado area on the steps of an old church. Granted I was sticking my tummy out as far as it would go - but at least it worked! Look at that baby bump!

Towards the end of our busy day we ventured up to St. Georges Castle. We took the tram (similar to a trolley in SF) and ended up getting off on the wrong stop! We walked around the Alfama district for about an hour before finally finding our way.

Here I am on the back steps of the castle with the city behind me. Unfortunately that isn't the baby bump you see - it was super windy!


After a long 9 hours, we finally hopped back on the tram that took us back to our hotel. As you can see, my mom was pretty excited to be getting back.

No comments: