Image Map

June 23, 2010

Gala Dinner


On Tuesday night we had the Tomato Congress gala dinner at the Palacio de Queluz. Here we are on our way there. We had to get all dressed up, which was nice for a change.

The Palacio de Queluz was first built in the 17th century as a manor house for King Pedro II, but was later expanded and transformed into a gorgeous palace.


Here we are before the big dinner. The place was absolutely gorgeous and the food was amazing. Unfortunately it was extremely windy and by the time the last course was served it was already 11pm and we were freezing. Because we had to get up at 4am the next day to make our flight I was ready to go back to the hotel. The worse part: they had a famous fado singer expected to perform in one of the rooms of the palace. Although I wanted to stay to see her, I'm glad I didn't. She didn't start singing until after 11:30pm and Chris didn't get back to the hotel until 2:30am!! Thank goodness I opted for my beauty sleep.

No comments: