Image Map

November 1, 2013

Airport Bust



Today we were all set to fly to Hawaii for my baby brother's wedding. Unfortunately as most of you know - there was a situation at LAX this morning. And that situation happened almost EXACTLY when we arrived at the airport. First and foremost - we are all ok. Andrew dropped Buster and I off to check in and a few minutes later - everyone was evacuated. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty scary for a few moments.  Especially when you have security officers yelling at everyone to run to the next terminal and people talking about a shooter on the loose. Needless to say people were pushing, screaming, and running every which way. After being pushed off of the sidewalk with my stroller (thankfully Buster was laughing and smiling the whole time) - I decided to leave my 3 bags of luggage and RUN into the street to hide behind a firetruck. I figured I would be safest with 10 huge firemen surrounding us. Three hours later I snuck out of the airport and reunited with Andrew and Olive. We high tailed it to the nearest lunch spot and I ordered a white wine STAT (ok...maybe I had 2). Our flight ended up leaving at 6pm but unfortunately for us we couldn't get back into the airport. All the roads were closed and traffic was at a standstill. After driving around for a few hours we agreed to abort our mission. We are all home safe and sound now. And believe it or not - I did get all of our bags back!

*We are still planning on going to Hawaii.....so cross your fingers for us!  There is NO WAY I would miss my baby brother's wedding.

No comments: